Saturday - January 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Firemen fight flames at Schmidty's

Written by

Kitchen fire put out at popular La Crosse restaurant

An early-morning kitchen fire brought La Crosse fire crews to Schmidty's Restaurant on Saturday.

Smoke was coming from the roof, around 8:30 a.m.

Firemen quickly extinguished the fire.

Nobody was hurt, and one employee who was at the State Road restaurant got out safely.

 

Brad Williams

A native of Prairie du Chien, Brad graduated from U-W-La Crosse and has worked in radio news for more than 30 years, mostly in the La Crosse area.  Brad writes the website "Triviazoids," which finds odd connections between events that happen on a certain date, and he writes and performs with the local comedy group Heart of La Crosse.  He's been featured on several national TV programs because of his memory skills.  

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.